Rainbow Drip Candy Cane Cake (Christmas Cake) from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio from youtube by Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
recommended video : Chocolate Biscuit Cookie Cake NO BAKE Fouzias Cooking
recommended video : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cake from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
NEWSLETTER Subscribe: http://madmimi.com/signups/28657/join
Channel Subscribe: http://goo.gl/tuamEz
Read the blog post here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=7340
Today I am showing you how to make a Christmas cake that is completely different from any other holiday cake idea you have ever seen! This Christmas cake is a rainbow surprise inside cake, and is covered in rainbow drip royal icing, and then it is topped with tons of rainbow and multi coloured candy canes and candy sticks! It will be sure to impress any of your holiday guests.
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Rainbow Drip Candy Cane Cake
Vanilla Cake batter https://youtu.be/XaNELscDtms
Royal Icing https://youtu.be/RnxHBne-uVo
Vanilla Buttercream https://youtu.be/rjqOTM5icOE
Candy canes, and candy sticks of all sizes, shapes and colours
Clear and light blue rock candy
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare cake batter and divide equally into 7 different bowls. Colour the batter red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and white. Fill piping bags with cake batter.
3. Grease two 8" cake pans, and squeeze cake batter from piping bags randomly into the cake pans in equal quantities.
4. Tap pan gently on counter to eliminate any air bubbles. Place in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set on a cooling rack to cool completely before icing.
5. Level and stack cake layers and cover cake in buttercream.
6. Prepare royal icing as according to recipe and colour 7 equal portions in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and leave one amount white. Starting in the center, squeeze royal icing out over the top of the cake in all of the colours until it meets the edges and starts to drip over the edges of the cake. Be careful not to put too much on the top of the cake as that will cause a big mess and not a "drip" look.
7. Place rock candy along the edge of the cake while the icing is still soft.
8. Working quickly before icing hardens, place largest candy canes and candy sticks closest to the center of the cake, and work outwards towards the edge with the smaller ones. Place as many candy canes and sticks on the cake that can fit.
9. Cake is best served the same day. Keep any unused portions in a sealed container in the fridge. It is best consumed within 2-3 days.